The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP - 3" paper cores for espon 7800

S

Shelby Lewis

Hey All,

I need some help... if you don't mind.

I have an epson 7800 that I was given last year... got it up and running and then went out and bought some paper with a 3" core. I don't have a set of 3" core adapters (if that's what they are called), and can't find them online.

Don't need the spindle rod... just the adapters that let me use paper with a 3" core.

I have a beautiful unused roll of GFS that's just DYING to be printed on!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Shelby

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Shelby,
I think these are the parts that you should have gotten with the printer. At least here is the part number for you do be able to start searching

LJ
View attachment 37021
Those are for 78/9890 and 79/9900 machines.

You may have to buy a spindle to get new adaptors. I think the full spindle assembly can be found for around $150. I've heard the adaptors can be found but I'm not sure where and estimated cost for those are around $90.

There are some companies that specialize in Epson replacement parts you might try, for example http://www.compassmicro.com/parts.cfm.

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks guys... much appreciated. I've found a few sources (after the initial suggestions) and THINK I'm going to be able to buy the adapters w/o getting a new spindle.

Much appreciated!

LJL

Shelby,
Hope it all works out, and let us know what your successful solution was.

Wayne,
You may be correct. I just rifled through my stuff looking for the 3" roll media pieces to fit my 7800. They are grey colored plastic things that snap onto the existing spindle, over and around the 2" standard core part that is part of spindle. There are no part numbers on them that I have been able to find. I kept searching Epson's site for parts, etc., and have not been able to find them. If I find the manual at some point, that may have the part number for them, though not counting on it ;-) (Either me finding the manual or it having the part number should I get lucky and find it.)

LJ

S

Shelby Lewis

Hey Shelby,

Merry Christmas, how did you get on with the spindles...?

Best,

Steve
Hey Steve,

I pretty much found that I'll need to buy a new spindle assembly in order to get the core adapters... or stick with 2" media for now, lol. I'm going to be printing some canvas stuff soon, which is on 2" cores, so I'm good, but if I get the itch to use the roll of paper I have right now... new spindles it is.

(bummer)

Happy New Year to you Steve!
Shelby