The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 2200 feed issues

It goes "Kachunk Kachunk Whirrrr" several times and doesn't feed and throws the loading error. Sometimes it will feed the sheet totally through without printing on it, and then not load the next sheet. If I keep at it I occasionally get a sheet to feed properly.

I've been keeping this around to print B&W and color on matte papers, and have never had to do anything to it. While I could easily use this as a reason to buy a 4900 and relegate the 4800 to matte paper I would prefer to get this one functioning along nicely if possible.

The manual doesn't give much information. Have I just smoothed out the feed rollers too much so that it doesn't engage? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

jsf

I think Epsons can just be difficult. Sometimes changing the paper selection will fix the problem. Joe

Thank you both. I've fiddled with the paper selection and it doesn't seem to affect the problem. I may drop it at a watering hole in the desert along the border and really confound the smugglers and the Border Patrol at the same time. Maybe leave a half-printed photo of some alien life form that I download from the internet.

bensonga

Hi Mark. I had similar problems with my 2200 and 2400 after awhile. I got some of those printer transport cleaning sheets, ran them thru the printers 3-4 times and that solved the problem. No more paper feed problems. Finally gave my 2200 to a friend and bought a 3880 which has been MUCH better for thick, fine art papers, but after that printer cleaning, my 2400 is still feeding paper ok. This might help get a few more miles out of your 2200.

Gary

Don Libby

This thread just reminded me of where my 2200 is - I had it before the 4000.

Let me know if you want company to the watering hole.