The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best compact photo quality printer?

rrobinson54

I am looking for a decent photo quality compact printer for 4x6 prints. Does anyone have an opinion of the Canon CP780/CP800 printers? Is there a better compact printer for small prints?

Thanks!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Never buy a printer with all colour inks in one cartridge. You have to change it whenever one ink runs dry, and they cost a lot, even though the ink volume is minimal. A couple of those will easily cost you more than the price difference up to a "real" printer, i.e. with separate colour cartridges. The best compact photo printer I've seen recently is the $200, 6-colour, A4 Epson T60, but I have the impression it's only available in Asia. Most Canon and Epson photo printers are good though. Just keep an eye on the cartridge prices.

usathyan

I have a CP780 and use it at workshops and at family parties etc...it is a fun printer with good quality. The good thing is that it is very easy to setup and needs no computer to work.

rrobinson54

I have been reading some great user reviews on the Epson pm225. Any using? My main concern is keeping the small size paper flat during printing. When I print small with my older HP7960 and Canon printers, the paper does not stay flat while printing and images are not sharp.