Site Sponsors

Thread: Best compact photo quality printer?

Post Thanks / Like

Best compact photo quality printer?

I am looking for a decent photo quality compact printer for 4x6 prints. Does anyone have an opinion of the Canon CP780/CP800 printers? Is there a better compact printer for small prints?

Thanks!

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Best compact photo quality printer?

Never buy a printer with all colour inks in one cartridge. You have to change it whenever one ink runs dry, and they cost a lot, even though the ink volume is minimal. A couple of those will easily cost you more than the price difference up to a "real" printer, i.e. with separate colour cartridges. The best compact photo printer I've seen recently is the $200, 6-colour, A4 Epson T60, but I have the impression it's only available in Asia. Most Canon and Epson photo printers are good though. Just keep an eye on the cartridge prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used the Epson pm225 compact photo printer? Looks decent!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a CP780 and use it at workshops and at family parties etc...it is a fun printer with good quality. The good thing is that it is very easy to setup and needs no computer to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading some great user reviews on the Epson pm225. Any using? My main concern is keeping the small size paper flat during printing. When I print small with my older HP7960 and Canon printers, the paper does not stay flat while printing and images are not sharp.