The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Refillable Cartridge for Canon PIXMA Pro series?

R

Ronan

God i remember that refillable kit... utter crap.

The change of weather made the ink get lighter or thicker which completely fubard the setup.

Went back to regular ink cartridges, never looked back.

lenslover

I've used re-fillables for years. The ones from Ink2Image are pretty good, but sometimes have schizoid chips in them. You don't need a chip re-setter with these, but I've had them screw up. The BEST solution I think is to use up the ink in a Canon cartridge, drill a small hole in the top, put a small machine screw in for a plug, buy a chip re-setter here:

http://refillbay.com/product/chip-r....php?ref=ADW&gclid=CI_l2vGl4awCFWgEQAoddH4yoA

and fill them with bulk ink. Ink2Image does sell a plug-n-play inkset for these Canon printers that is a very good match. Buying the filled OEM Canon cartridges is the least hassle, but costs six to seven times as much per cartridge.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I've never refilled. How do you know the ink is exactly the same as the OEM? If it isn't aren't all your profiles off? I have used Epson printers for years (latest are a 3800 and a 3880) and have not had any problems with the OEM inks. For me, the savings do not outweigh the disadvantages. Maybe if I was doing only B&W I would feel differently.