The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printing your own book...

Terry

Thanks,
I've been wanting to try out a book through Blurb but trying to decide if I want to do something for a discrete trip or if I want to do something as an annual like best work from 2007, 2008 etc. I think I just need to do something smaller in scale as a one off to get experience using them.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hmmm this maybe a great idea for one of our workshops. Have everyones best images printed in a book . Now that would be cool

tollie

Workshop Member
Hi,

It is a great idea. If each participant agreed to buy a copy then the unit cost would decrease as well.

I have done several books with apple with iphoto and the results are really nice.

I am currently working on a themed book called Rincon by the sea and it is a direct copy of the Robert Farber book By The Sea... of course my photos will be different ;)

I have done several annual books for myself as markers of my progress as a photographer and one book which is a collection of underwater photographs which I have sold. Now with this kind of self publishing the profits are really small if you want to keep the books cost to a consumer within reason.

Wedding shooters sometimes create books for clients and I have seen these books as handy portfolios.

If you have an interest we could start with the most recent San Juan workshop and collect photos and produce a book.

Todd