The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

JPEG resize method question

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi All,

To upload to Smugmug, I need a maximum file size of 24 MB or less. If I have a folder of PSD files of various sizes, is there a way to automate the process so I get JPEGS of no more than 24 MB?

I have access to C1 Pro, CS5, and Media One. The processors seem to let me determine dimensions and quality, not file size. I also noticed the file size after processing by C1 is frequently way off.

Thanks for your help, steve

photoSmart42

Perfect Resize 7 Professional has a batch function that might be able to help you, but I haven't worked with different sized-files. Worth a shot. I think they have a trial version you can use to test it out, and I don't remember it being all that expensive.

bradhusick

A 24-bit image of less than 2,800 pixels per side (height or width) should give you a file of less than 24MB. An 8-bit image of less than 4,800 pixels per side should also fit under the 24MB limit.

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Thanks for your help. I'll get a trial of the software and see if I can set up the parameters as Brad suggests.

Thanks, steve

J

jeklin

I can understand what are you want to do..
You should try to re-size by reducing dimension of it manually first and if it is set according to your needed size than you can create a action or a batch for all folder.
-------------
Nice background psd files available here