The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pens for signing glossy paper ?

jonboring

OK ... this is an unusual question ... but I am stumped. I've been using DecoColor Paint Markers to sign and title my images for years but I usually print on matt papers. I have a client that prefers glossy paper and the DecoColor pens "run" on the glossy. The DecoColor produces a fine line on matt paper but a much heavier line on glossy. I don't like it - too bold - takes your eye away from the art.

Can anyone recommend a good pen for glossy paper? I am using the Ilford Galleria Pearl for this client which I find is a better Epson Luster.

jonboring

The regular Sharpie's are not archival. A friend of mine tried them but the ink ran over time. The signature looked great for six months and then the ink "widened". Sharpie makes a paint marker but I haven't tried them.

Paul2660

The Sharpie Paint markers are very good. They make a fine tip that will work very well for glossy signatures. They also have a good consistency, and hold a even flow as you write.

Paul C