The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

digital print vs imac color calibrated display

gooomz

if i am working on a 27in imac color calibrated screen how does "in general" a digital print compare to what i am seeing on my screen?

will the colors on the print by less vibrant, less detail on the print, b+w less tones, darker, lighter, contrast, etc?

just trying to get an idea of what to expect when ordering digital prints.

archiM44

Printing on an Epson 3880 using printer profiles I make with x-rite Pro and having my iMac screen calibrated to a brightness of 80.
My prints match the screen extremely closely - slightly less vibrant colors and I mean slightly and of course color accuracy will be affected by the light under which the print is viewed.
The above applies to the Harman gloss Baryta (the old FBAl was better) and the Innova A09 glossy.
Ordered prints did not really satisfy me.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I agree with archiM44. Except that with a calibrated screen I get prints extremely close to wysiwyg with out of the box profiles. I do have a custom profile for Harman Gloss Baryta, and for that paper and that profile the workflow is very easy.