The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem installing ICC profile for Hot Press Bright

weeks82

Hi All,

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem or has a solution.

After downloading the driver from here...

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/ICCProfilesAll.do

I get the following error on install.

I've tried this on two different macs both running the most current version of OSX. Both are ADMIN accounts and I've also tried creating new user accounts all with the same result.

Any thoughts ? Thanks for your time.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Did the drivers install? This looks like a paper profile. The icc file(s) can just be copied to the folder in user\library that contains other profiles.

weeks82

In the .DMG download there is only a .pdf file and this installer. No .icc file.

Most other papers I've used have an ICC file that I drag and drop in the profiles folder.

So that's dilemma. The drives don't install, the installer stops at the screen shown above.

weeks82

Epson just replied to me and sent me the .icc files. My problem is solved but it doesn't explain the problem I had. Oh well.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Looks like a permission issue with the folder you were trying to install to. This usually happens if you are not logged on with an administrator account and trying to install something in the system or library folders. Some installers are coded to ask for an administrator name and password, a little more elegant solution than this.

G

greyscale

The version of VISE X is not Lion compatible.The problem will persist until Epson uses an upgraded version or some other package.