Site Sponsors

Thread: Favorite canvas for inkjet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Favorite canvas for inkjet?

I typically use ilford gold fibre silk for printing. I am thinking of trying canvas. Landscapes, floral macro, and portraits. What is your favorite and why? I use a canon 9500 mark II. Thanks in advance. Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Favorite canvas for inkjet?

I've been using the Breathing Color Lyve for several years and am very happy with it. I like the surface, it stretches nice and more importantly, it holds the shadow and highlight details. I am a landscape photographer and have used it with an Epson 7600, 9600 and now a 9900.

Gale

Post Thanks / Like

I like Breathing Color's Lyve Canvas. I use a custom generated icc profile that works very well. Exceptionally good quality canvas, fine tooth shows details very well. I like to use their Glamour II better than the Timeless and apply by hvlp. Timeless works best on fine art papers though.

ken

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with Mr. Gale and kdphotography. I am expecting a shipment of a roll on Monday. Lyve and my Canon 8300 produce some great prints!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    What is your favorite and why?
    I like Breathing Color Lyve and Canson Artist Canvas Water Resistant Matte. I use the Canson canvas (acid-free, no OBAs) for images that benefit from what appears to me as a finer weave than the Breathing Color canvas.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Innova IFA-36 Ultra gloss canvas and it has performed well with my Canon 6100. I'm going to try a new product called Black Diamond AgX gloss metallic silver canvas.
    Carl
    Gallery

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ken may be my brother from another mother however I've been using Epson canvas for several years with great results. I'm currently using Epson Exhibition Satin Canvas for my landscape and wildlife printing on my 9800. Don't forget about Glamour II to protect the image.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Just remembered I wrote the above. A heck of a lot has changed in just 3-short weeks.

I've been completing a major print order for Jackson Hole and ran into nothing but problems with he Epson Exhibition being too think to get a consistant stretch. The image quality was great just sucked trying to stretch 50x30 and 60x30. I have since made the move to Breathing Color Lyve canvas and very glad I did.

Just wanted to offer this as an update

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by schuster View Post
    I like Breathing Color Lyve and Canson Artist Canvas Water Resistant Matte. I use the Canson canvas (acid-free, no OBAs) for images that benefit from what appears to me as a finer weave than the Breathing Color canvas.
    Old thread but for those that stumble across it, Breathing Color Lyve also contains' no OBA's, and is amazingly white despite that. It is rated at +100 years, so very "archival".
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm now using Lyve and Glamour II. I print on an 8300. As someone else stated, shadow detail and highlights are excellent. Lyve stretches well even when creating pans as wide as 38" x 95".