The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 9900

Don Libby

I haven't been able to visit and stay for any length here since returning from Jackson last month. My days have been busy processing and printing images from the 2-month stay there. We left Jackson with 7-paid orders and 8-additional images to be on display in the hotel (for sale). Needless to say I've been having 10-hours days straight. What's this have to do with the Epson 9900?

I've been using an Epson 9800 for 5-years now and used that for close to 99% of the print orders for Jackson. Epson decided to have offer some kick-assed rebates which I couldn't pass up so I decided to order the 9900.

This thing is a beast compared to the older 9800. The weight is more while the overall physical size isn't that much greater.

With all the canvas prints done I'm left with the remaining paper images to be printed on the 9900. We've had a small get together here recently and ended up receiving 2-additional canvas print orders. I've had the 9900 now for slightly over a week printing 3-paper and 1-canvas image.

The ease of changing the media is great; no more spindles to fight. The additional colors are giving what I think are richer tones. And to top it all off I just did my first matte print using matte black and the change over is super easy.

The 9800 will be picked up the end of this week by its new owner, a high school that teaches photography. Me, I'm tickled pink (or is that orange/green) with the 9900 and looking forward to 5-plus years of use.

Don

BANKER1

Don,

My 7880 just blows me away every time I see a print from it. The additional colors on your machine must make absolutely stunning prints. Congratulations. I wish I was there so I could help with the printing as well as learning a few secrets from you. I'd also love to see those prints, too.

Greg