The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson Hot Press Natural - Epson R2400?

Godfrey

Has anyone used this paper in the Epson R2400 printer?

I took a look at samples of it: really like the surface and base color. It's warmer toned than the Velvet Fine Art and smoother.

Epson doesn't offer an R2400 ICC profile for it - they said it should be used with the printer set to the Ultrasmooth Fine Art Paper setting, but didn't say whether that profile worked well with it.

I bought a box of 8.5x11 to test with. I'd like to take advantage of the "buy 3, 1 free" rebate offer from Epson with 13x19 or 11x17 inch, but I'd be happier if I had more info about a good profile to use with it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

L

llmmmtt

I'm afraid I can't help you, but instead have the same question you have. Have you experimented with the paper you bought? How did it come out? Thanks.

Godfrey

I'm afraid I can't help you, but instead have the same question you have. Have you experimented with the paper you bought? How did it come out? Thanks.
So far: Hot Press Natural seems to profile very close to the Ultra Smooth Fine Art paper with the R2400.

A friend is going to create a couple of profiles for me. He used to be in the business and has retired now, but still has his equipment setup. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with compared the the Ultra Smooth Fine Art paper profile.

DDudenbostel

I started using it in rolls about eight months ago and use it mainly for my floral X-ray images that I sell through galleries. They're black and white and I print them on my Epson7600 with QTR and the Hahnemuhle photo rag profile with excellent results. I used photo rag for many years but like the look, finish, weight and surface much better with the hot press. The prints have more snap but not over the top. I tried ultra smooth Epsom for about six months and liked it but my favorite now is the hot press.

I print very little color but have printed about fifty sheets and used the ultra smooth fine art profile with very fine results. The 7600 and 2400 are essentially the same except paper size so results should be the same.

One other thing, the price of hot press is really cheap compared to other papers of comparable quality.