The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Piezography question

kdphotography

John,

I don't think I quite understand what you may be calling "sepia-like" tonal range. Is it the inkset or is it the paper white itself? Are your prints similar in "tonal range" to the images that we were printing on my K7 selenium glossy inkset 9890 at CI in Carmel?? Totally different?

The images I'm getting with the 9890 (at least to my eye) are not sepia and the warmth of the images takes on the character of the paper.

Have you tried a different "printer quad" on QTR? I'm just thinking that maybe the 4880 curves may also have an impact. I remember on my 9800 K7 printer, the 9800 curves were absolutely horrible! (Think dripping ink). I used curves that were generated for a different printer type on my 9800 and the images turned out great. Maybe try different printer curves (but still for the paper you're using)? You've listed Canson Platine as being more neutral for you---but I've always thought of Canson Platine as a warmer paper, particularly since it is without OBAs----hence my thoughts on playing with different curves. Hope you can get this figured out to your satisfaction.

ken