Site Sponsors

Thread: Looking for a card using PK ink

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looking for a card using PK ink

I normally use Museo cards but want to make some cards to go with an exhibition. The exhibition prints are all on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk. I have tried printing on the Museo cards but the matte ink just doesn't do the job. What I need is pre-scored, double sided with envelope cards.

Does such a thing exist?
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a card using PK ink

Hi Jeff,

I use Red River as my source for greeting cards for clients/artists that sell greeting cards of their works. They have a variety of media subtrates for pre-scored greeting cards and envelopes in a variety of sizes. I use the largest size 8.5 x 11 (makes a 8.5 x 5.5 card) to feed through my sheet feeder on an old Epson 4800.

Red River has icc profiles for their papers/cards, and at least for my old 4800, the icc profiles were available for both pk and mk inks. Decent profiles and a nice pk/mk option as I really didn't want to generate a custom icc profile for cards! Red River does offer double-sided cards as well. I found an economical source for the right size of plastic sleeves for the printed card/envelopes at Uline.

See, Inkjet Printable Greeting Card Note Card Papers

ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Looking for a card using PK ink

Hi Ken,

Many thanks. That looks very promising. I've ordered the sampler pack. I have been buying sleeves from Clearbags for years. I really like their products.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com