The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with LR4 printing please!

tashley

Subscriber Member
I've been printing succesfully to my Canon ipf6300 for over a year now using my normal methods. But recently I've installed a lot of new software (LR4, CS6, various Mac system updates) and now when I try to print a correctly colour balanced image with skin tones in, many of them are coming out bright red/magenta tinged.

In LR4 under Color Management in the Print Module, I am doing what I have always done:

Print resolution: Unchecked
Print Sharpening: checked, as appropriate for the media
16 Bit Output: Checked (have also tried Unchecked)
Profile: appropriate for the particular printer and paper, as provided by vendors
Intent: Perceptual

Now when I press Print, the driver dialogues come up. Under the Color Matching drop down, the options ColorSync and Vendor Matching are frayed out. This is because I have selected which profile to use in LR4, and therefore LR4 is handling colour management instead of allowing the printer to handle it.

Under Main>Color Mode>Set>Matching I see that the Matching Mode is Color Sync and the Input Profile Settings are grayed out as sRGB v3.0 (Canon).

Now this is clearly an Adobe RGB file (A Nikon NEFF) and I believe that the problems I am seeing are gamut related between Adobe RGB and this Canon sRGB. However, I can't find a way of changing the Input Profile.

I don't remember this option appearing in previous versions of the ipf6300 driver.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Cold beer on me!!!

GMB

I had pretty much the same issue recently (with LR 3). I thought that it was because I was low on grey ink. Will now ckeck again and let you know if i find the solution.

Teager

Have you tried updating the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file I was having the same issues with the iPF5100, 6300, and 8100 and after many hours with Canon's lead Field analyst. We had some other unique issues but we ended up modifying the xml file to the current apps ie CS6, Lr4, and i1 Profiler 1.31 and all is fixed. Try going to Library>Printers>Canon>GARO>Frameworks>Garo_CUPS.Framework>Resources>AppColorMatchingInfo.xml open up the xml file and check to see if the current versions of your apps are listed, if not this could be one of the issues. Not sure this will help but worth a look.

GMB

Have you tried updating the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file I was having the same issues with the iPF5100, 6300, and 8100 and after many hours with Canon's lead Field analyst. We had some other unique issues but we ended up modifying the xml file to the current apps ie CS6, Lr4, and i1 Profiler 1.31 and all is fixed. Try going to Library>Printers>Canon>GARO>Frameworks>Garo_CUPS.Framework>Resources>AppColorMatchingInfo.xml open up the xml file and check to see if the current versions of your apps are listed, if not this could be one of the issues. Not sure this will help but worth a look.
Thanks. They are listed...

GMB

Well, I got some paper to test (Ilford Smooth Gloss). Colors are spot on. Tried again with the Canson papers (Baryta 310 and Gloss 270) and much too much red again. So I figure something must be wrong with those profiles (I went to their website and got the latest versions). Interestingly, if I print photos that do not have much red, colors are perfectly fine....