The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR4 - Epson printing problem - IQ180

2jbourret

Not long after beginning to print files from an IQ180, my standard print pipeline has quit cooperating. I print from LR4.0 (no RIP) via USB to an Epson9900 with current firmware and driver. My older files continue to print fine (P45+ and smaller formats), but the IQ180 files seem to get lost before making it to the printer: The LR4 progress bar shows the print file 'rendering' as it should, but for a period of 4-6 min., which is long compared to smaller files. Normally, I would then see the print file show up on the Epson print monitor, and the status would read 'printing' as the file printed. What happens instead with the IQ files is either nothing at all, or the print monitor will display a status of 'on hold', and then the file will disappear from the print monitor. In either case, no print is made.

I'd welcome any ideas on solving this. Thanks!

My hardware:
MacPro 2x2.66 Dual-Core
12 GB 667mhz DIMMS
2TB Startup disk
OS 10.6.8
Printer connected by USB, w/powered hub at middle to boost range to ~22ft.

2jbourret

After thinking about this further, I realised that the IQ files that I've had difficulty with are those that I have worked on fairly extensively in LR. A few files that I've done very little to have printed, because they require less rendering time prior to printing. So it occurred to me to send one of the files that wouldn't print out to PS to 'flatten' it, then return it to LR to print, and with very little rendering time, it printed.

So it appears that I have a workaround, which is less than ideal, but at least it works. I am still looking for help with the underlying problem, any ideas are welcome.

Thanks