Site Sponsors

Thread: Premium Paper Retailers?

Post Thanks / Like

Premium Paper Retailers?

Moving up (significantly) in printer to the Epson 3800 - and in papers.

While I'd need to find one that would ship to Canada at reasonable rates, where do most of you tend to source your premium papers such as Harman Gloss FB AI, Photo Rag, etc., etc?

Still doing some searching , but would be curious as to who y'all would recommend using (or staying away from).

We have large photo shops here that carry it, but in many larger sizes/larger boxes it tends to be special order, and at least one of the vendors has a habit of being liberal when it comes to the interpretation of "in stock" - and in refunding charges when the $%^ hits the fan.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Premium Paper Retailers?

Speaking of, anyone find a retailer selling Harman Gloss 11X17 in a 50 pack? I can find it for the warmtones, but I don't want it in warmtones ;9

karrphoto

www.itsupplies.com

I bought my HP Z3100 from them, I'm fortunate enough that I went up to the warehouse to pick it up.

They have good prices on ink and paper... but not many sampler packs, which I'm planning on ordering this week because I'm in the same boat. I want to find paper to print my fine art on, but I need to see what's out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Check http://site.booksmartstudio.com/ clcik "store".

Also: http://www.shadesofpaper.com/

I've purchased from ITsupplies with good results as well, though I don't know about the Canada factor. I have heard of someone in Canada very happy with Booksmart Studio, though I'm in the U.S. so don't deal with that aspect of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much - I'll check all three out.

Edit - Checked them out. All three will ship here and look great - especially Booksmart. Just what i was looking for. Thanks.
    Last edited by robmac; 13th November 2008 at 05:16.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found what you need. I need to order some rolls of paper now too and will likely go with Booksmart or Shades of Paper for this order. They both offer the papers I need at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Another supplier worth looking at is: http://www.atlex.com/

I have not used them, but heard good things about them. Prices are often very good. Packaging is important to me (as it is to most) and would be even more important if shipping to Canada since returns could be awkward. I think I'd emphasize that portion of the transaction with whomever I chose. Booksmart and Shades both have a good rep in this regard, and this is what I have experienced from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dale

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've found Inkjet Arts to be my best source of all kinds of paper. Yes they have Harmon Gloss.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDauer View Post
    Speaking of, anyone find a retailer selling Harman Gloss 11X17 in a 50 pack? I can find it for the warmtones, but I don't want it in warmtones ;9
    It looks like Harmon doesn't make an 11x17 50 pack.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post

I have not used them, but heard good things about them. Prices are often very good. Packaging is important to me (as it is to most) and would be even more important if shipping to Canada since returns could be awkward. I think I'd emphasize that portion of the transaction with whomever I chose. Booksmart and Shades both have a good rep in this regard, and this is what I have experienced from them.
    These guys do a very good job. Packaging (so far LOL!) is really good and the prices are very competitive. Hopefully they will continue.

The very best I have found is Jim Doyle at Shades of Paper. I think they are located in Cherry Hill N.J. but wherever they may be they do a terrific job. Jim will work directly with you to assure you get what you need and want. He carries all the Epson stuff plus Harman, Innova, Crane and other really high end papers. I love dealing with him and I know that Guy has used him pretty extensively as well.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Woody - Nice to have better choices than the very limited-stock, "update our web site at some point" retailers we have here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't mean to hijack this thread but along the same line where can I order cardboard mailers for photographs?
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like

No worries - am now trying to find a %^&* sample pack of the Epson Exh Fiber. They seem to have been a 1x deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but along the same line where can I order cardboard mailers for photographs?
    Try U-Line:These are their Stay-Flats, but they have many options on the site and in their printed catalogue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    I spend a lot of money with Atlex (aka Atlantic Exchange). I'm very happy with them for HP supplies and have not looked elsewhere since I bought my HP 130 three years ago. Not sure how they are with Epson inks and papers. Shipping is very fast. And yes, the packing is a bit overkill, but nothing arrived damaged in three years.