The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MOAB Entrada Natural vs. Hahnemuhle Photo Rag

tjv

Hi all,

I've used MOAB Entrada bright white double sided paper before for portfolio printing and loved it. For exhibition and archival prints I'd rather use a paper without or with very little optical brighteners.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used or is using MOAB's Entrada 300gsm Natural (double sided) and if they have an opinion of it compared to Hahnemuhle's Photo Rag 308gsm. The Hahnemuhle has optical brighteners but it nearly as warm as the Entrada Natural plus I like how the Entrada flattens easily from rolls because of its double sided coating.

Any opinions or any alternatives to the above i should look into for a high end matte rag paper?

Thanks,

TJV

bavanor

I have used the Moab entrada bright for years. When I needed some more paper, I made a mistake and got the natural paper. I find after printing on the Entrada Natural this Holiday season, the paper to be great, especially since there are no brightness in the paper.

Long story short don't be afraid of the entrada natural paper, it prints just as well as the bright.

Aaron

tjv

Thanks, Aaron. I went ahead and bought a roll of the Natural on the recommendation that it's a close(isn) "white" to the original Hahnemuhle Photo Rag. I really don't want optical brighteners in my rag papers, even if they aren't proven to be bad. The MOAB papers are really great and the price is fantastic so I hope I'm impressed.

bavanor

In my opinion the only time that you can tell the difference in the whites is when you hold them up next to each other. But when the natural is on its own you don't even think about it.

tjv

I received the paper last week and made several prints. My impression is that this is a fantastic paper and will probably be my standard paper for making prints for sale to museums and collectors. It flattens right out, has a beautiful feel and the tone is great – not too yellow, which I was worried about. And the price is right!