The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Window-Sized prints

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have a client who wants to use one of my images to make a "window" sized print for a new faculty lounge at a university.
The original is a P45+ file, so depending on viewing distance I suppose I can do any size necessary. I also know that I can get prints up to 64 inch wide, with 44 inch being a little more common. Does anyone have any experience with prints this large? I would really hate to put a seam in the print but I suppose that is an option too. If I need to go say 80 by 60 or bigger, what are my options?
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The 11-series Epsons are 60" wide, so shouldn't be a problem other than shipping costs :D -- just need to find a lab that has one. Also, at that size canvas is about the easiest media to mount, and canvas prints great at anything 90PPI and up, so you probably won't even need to uprez the P65+ file much ;)

Oh, and congrats on the print sale!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Jack,
I think the P65+ might have to wait until they get into production or maybe a bit more.
This is getting strange, actually getting paid for my stuff :eek:
-bob