The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

seems like a noobie question - B&W / platinum question

faneuil

Long time photographer and printer.. but recent inkjetter. (epson K3 set)

For a long time I've been thinking about making negatives with inkjet on transparency for direct printing with platinum technique..

Any dedicated B&W pigment sets that will simulate platinum feel and glow?
IE, directly inkjet and forgo the platinum route?

thanks
Eric

kdphotography

For making negatives using an inkjet printer, take a look at Jon Cone's article, Digital Negative Update. Digital Negatives | PiezoPress

A dedicated K7 piezography printer is the next step if you want better B&W prints from your Epson. Although I don't use my K7 piezography printer to make digital negatives, I still find the process fascinating.

ken

Jeremy

There are inksets which have a similar look to platinum/palladium darkroom prints, but there isn't anything which has the same look. The Cone system will give you linear prints, but they're still inkjet prints, not platinum/palladium metal in the cotton fiber paper.