The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

weirdest thing

mmbma

a Shot i took has over saturated skin tones. so I toned it down in lightroom and exported it. But I set the original picture (with the wrong skin tone) as desktop background once. Ever since then I am not able to switch the background to the correct version! I deleted the original, exported the corrected version, pointed it to that picture and bang, the old saturated picture showed up. Must be a weird cache setting in Windoes 8..... so strange

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
a Shot i took has over saturated skin tones. so I toned it down in lightroom and exported it. But I set the original picture (with the wrong skin tone) as desktop background once. Ever since then I am not able to switch the background to the correct version! I deleted the original, exported the corrected version, pointed it to that picture and bang, the old saturated picture showed up. Must be a weird cache setting in Windoes 8..... so strange
My guess is that this is part of one of those constantly growing "temporary files" that all Windows versions have been generating. Maybe also a sign that the revolution in Windows 8, at least the desktop version, is only skin deep, and that this too has MS DOS buried somewhere deep down at the bottom of its soul :shocked: