Site Sponsors

Thread: weirdest thing

Post Thanks / Like

weirdest thing

a Shot i took has over saturated skin tones. so I toned it down in lightroom and exported it. But I set the original picture (with the wrong skin tone) as desktop background once. Ever since then I am not able to switch the background to the correct version! I deleted the original, exported the corrected version, pointed it to that picture and bang, the old saturated picture showed up. Must be a weird cache setting in Windoes 8..... so strange

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: weirdest thing

Quote Originally Posted by mmbma View Post
    a Shot i took has over saturated skin tones. so I toned it down in lightroom and exported it. But I set the original picture (with the wrong skin tone) as desktop background once. Ever since then I am not able to switch the background to the correct version! I deleted the original, exported the corrected version, pointed it to that picture and bang, the old saturated picture showed up. Must be a weird cache setting in Windoes 8..... so strange
    My guess is that this is part of one of those constantly growing "temporary files" that all Windows versions have been generating. Maybe also a sign that the revolution in Windows 8, at least the desktop version, is only skin deep, and that this too has MS DOS buried somewhere deep down at the bottom of its soul