Site Sponsors

Thread: Blurb book uploading problems.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Blurb book uploading problems.

For a long time I have been struggling with the Blurb book creator plugin for Indesign CS6.

I made the templates everything according the rules of book creator plug in but I always get an error message.
    This is actually before the real uploading process. It can't even create the PDF files for uploading.
    The complete message was; "An internal error has prevented Blurb Book Creator from creating an ebook from your document.

In the past I have been able to pass this stage a few times. Just before the end of the uploading process my connection would switch off or one time I suceeded but then suddenly the size of the cover was not right.

Well it is a never ending headache.
    I would like to use Blurb books because the quality seems to be outstanding.

Anybody has any experience with this? Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Blurb book uploading problems.

do you have lightroom? I was able to create and upload to blurb using lightroom before. I wonder if you could save the book into a file and reopen with lightroom?
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Blurb book uploading problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    do you have lightroom? I was able to create and upload to blurb using lightroom before. I wonder if you could save the book into a file and reopen with lightroom?
    Thanks for the response!
    I don't use lightroom anymore. But I don't think you can convert these page designs to Lightroom.

I am waiting for a friend, who made a book with Blurb before, to try to upload my files. I even tryed it on someone elses line to see of mine was to slow or something. Now I think it has something to do with my virus security software.
    I think i am going to try to upload it as a self made PDF file, although they strictly advise to use the Indesign plugin.

If that all does not work I am going to work with a local Photoalbum maker.

Then to think that all Blurb books for the whole of Europe are printed here in Eindhoven, the Netherlands