The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blurb book uploading problems.

Michiel Schierbeek

For a long time I have been struggling with the Blurb book creator plugin for Indesign CS6.

I made the templates everything according the rules of book creator plug in but I always get an error message.
This is actually before the real uploading process. It can't even create the PDF files for uploading.
The complete message was; "An internal error has prevented Blurb Book Creator from creating an ebook from your document.

In the past I have been able to pass this stage a few times. Just before the end of the uploading process my connection would switch off or one time I suceeded but then suddenly the size of the cover was not right.

Well it is a never ending headache.
I would like to use Blurb books because the quality seems to be outstanding.

Anybody has any experience with this? Any advice?

Hosermage

do you have lightroom? I was able to create and upload to blurb using lightroom before. I wonder if you could save the book into a file and reopen with lightroom?

Michiel Schierbeek

do you have lightroom? I was able to create and upload to blurb using lightroom before. I wonder if you could save the book into a file and reopen with lightroom?
Thanks for the response!
I don't use lightroom anymore. But I don't think you can convert these page designs to Lightroom.

I am waiting for a friend, who made a book with Blurb before, to try to upload my files. I even tryed it on someone elses line to see of mine was to slow or something. Now I think it has something to do with my virus security software.
I think i am going to try to upload it as a self made PDF file, although they strictly advise to use the Indesign plugin.

If that all does not work I am going to work with a local Photoalbum maker.

Then to think that all Blurb books for the whole of Europe are printed here in Eindhoven, the Netherlands :mad: