Site Sponsors

Thread: Canom Pro-1, what is the truth about that "Border" thing

Post Thanks / Like

Canom Pro-1, what is the truth about that "Border" thing

Due to instant dead of my beloved HP 9180 ( ink sucking beast ) i am now into the situation choosing a new A3+ printer. And all persons say "EPSON.... " But i don't like their matte ink handling that much and the build quality is.... ok... back to the theme.
    I found the Canon Pro-1 sexy enough to have a closer look. Ink cartridges quite big, fast printing, solid single sheet feeding mechanism, solid build quality. But what is it all about the "Border problem " ? Initially it was a forced 35 mm border top and end of paper while using Fine Art paper ... hmmm.... latest firmware upgrade minimized the border to 30 mmm. But when does it occur ??
    Is it always and on every sheet of paper ? What about the Canon supported papers, the original Canon Fine Art papers and what about the ICC profiled papers where Canon delivers the profile ? Is that border applied to such papers as well ??
    Are there any "Workarounds " to get rid of that border restriction ?? What is it good for ?? When i think using Hahnemühle DIN A5 paper its worthless trying due to that border ...
    Any comment from PRO-1 Users welcome...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canom Pro-1, what is the truth about that "Border" thing

And i bought an EPSON R3000. Unpacked it, switched it on aaaannnnndddd: DEFECT....
    Oh boy... have to rethink ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kweide View Post
    And i bought an EPSON R3000. Unpacked it, switched it on aaaannnnndddd: DEFECT....
    Sorry to hear that ! I'm sure you have product warranty from your supplier ?
    I have a 3880 and am very happy with it.

C U
    Rafael
    E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kweide View Post
    Hmm, I'm on my third replacement R3000 under warranty. The first stopped feeding black ink after renewing the cartridge. Second delivered and the techie who came with it took seven cleaning cycles to unblock the 'new' machine before black ink would flow, but this went back after changing the black ink cartridge again stopped the ink flowing. Third arrived with another techie, who took another five cleaning cycles to get yet another 'new' machine running. And yes, you guessed it, this one has also stopped working, again when the black ink refuses to flow after changing the cartridge. Magic Bullet cleaner does nothing, there is just no ink flowing down the pipe. Three machines, same problem, I'm not wasting any more ink trying to clean blocked Epson's so I've ordered the Canon Pro-10 (it would have been the Pro 1 if not for its size.).

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

kweide,

How has your inkjet evaluation been going? Did you end up buying a Pro-1?

Tim