The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 7600= Joy

ocarlo

I'm so happy for the advice I got here about waiting for the right printer
at the right price.
Met a lovely older gentleman photographer selling his 7600 on CL.
Original owner, barely used (5 stars ), and for 700 bucks walked away
with a full tank of inks, 3 tools of Matte and Luster paper, assorted doodads.
There's always something about karma and gear, like when it comes from good people.

I wanted to share the joy of getting my first print , a 20x36 image - and it was perfect. Matched my screen, and all the Pshop work I did clearly shows - it was like the first dektol print, but better...

Did have to clean the heads 5 times thereafter, realigned the heads, even changed the black inks thru some risky workaround that did save a lot of ink.

Im stuck with a couple niggling things that I can't find answers for.

1. what exactly do they mean by Roll Paper vs. Roll Paper banner vs. No Margins etc...
2. I'm running the latest OSX driver. Ive lost 4 big prints already due to the printer ONLY printing a small portion of the image.
Ive gone over all the settings, and yet can't find the tree in the forest.
The preview window confuses me - when I hit the Landscape button I expect my full image splayed out in Landscape but not here...

My first 22x36 print on Luster paper coming out now, and its a glorious feeling!!
But I only managed to do that by:
rotating my print in Pshop so that it was coming out vertically, AND
hitting the button for Print the Selected Area, just to be sure.
What am I missing? thanks in advance...