The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson and humidity

Don Libby

Just a short post on the importance of humidity and an Epson 9900. I've spent the past several weeks away from the studio in Tucson. The last time I remember using the 9900 was in late May before leaving town early June. I've got 2-humidifyers in the studio; one-set on a timer that comes on every afternoon for an hour and is a warm mist type, the other is a much larger 2-tank that runs constantly whenever the humidity drops below a set mark. It also helps that our monsoon season began about a week ago. I got back in town earlier this week and immediately checked the studio and found it at 55% humidity (the air was set at 75).

What does all this mean? I just turned the printer on and ran two-nozzle checks. Both were perfect.

:clap:

alajuela

Just a short post on the importance of humidity and an Epson 9900. I've spent the past several weeks away from the studio in Tucson. The last time I remember using the 9900 was in late May before leaving town early June. I've got 2-humidifyers in the studio; one-set on a timer that comes on every afternoon for an hour and is a warm mist type, the other is a much larger 2-tank that runs constantly whenever the humidity drops below a set mark. It also helps that our monsoon season began about a week ago. I got back in town earlier this week and immediately checked the studio and found it at 55% humidity (the air was set at 75).

What does all this mean? I just turned the printer on and ran two-nozzle checks. Both were perfect.

:clap:

Hello Don :thumbs:

That's Great ---- Good information to share, the Humidity can not be underestimated. I am on my second 4900, -- The Epson people here pointed that out AFTER the horse left the barn.

Another thing I did when I was away for a while; was also get "Harvey Head Cleaner Version III A"
Print head cleaning the easy way. No more clogged inkjets with Harvey Head Cleaner.

You can set it to run a "Print Nozzle Check": on a schedule of your choosing.

I took an old small Laptop (basically worthless) installed the software - Turned off the the auto shut off on the printer (it still goes to sleep). Then connected the cable from the printer on the old laptop (which also goes to sleep) The software wakes everything up and prints a nozzle check on a schedule.

Had a bunch of two inch strips on the floor when I returned - but not a clogged nozzle.

The trials and tribulations :chug:

Best

Phil

Don Libby

Thanks Phil, I've given some thought to using Harvey but just haven't gotten around to getting yet.

Don