The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the ideal humidity for an Epson printer?

cerett

I just purchased a very reasonable humidifier to run in the same room I keep my 4900. The humidity range is from 30-60% What would you recommend as an ideal setting?

kdphotography

Unofficial Epson recommendation is 40-60%. My studio is normally on the high side closer to 60%---I've had no problems with my 9900 and 9890 other than regular nozzle checks prior to printing.

ken

Don Libby

I live in the southwest US and try to keep my humidity between 40 & 50%. been using an Epson printer for many years with no problems (4000, 9800 and now a 9900 for close to 2-years). The only issues like Ken has said is minor nozzle checks. Lack of humidity seems to be the major problem effecting Epson printers.

Don