The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson chips for 3880 carts

Jeffg53

I'm trying to get a set of Epson 3880 cartridge chips to use with a piezography setup. Short of cannibalising my existing carts which are still quite full, I haven't found a supplier. Does anyone know where I might get a set?

Jeffg53

The 3880 refillable carts need a genuine Epson chip to sit under the resetter. IJM doesn't have those anymore which is why I'm asking here.

Jeffg53

I did and they don't have them any more. It's a BYO chip job. On the smaller carts, it's not necessary but the 3800/3880 work that way. You take the Epson chip and put it under the resetter.

kdphotography

I don't know if you already belong to the QTR group on Yahoo groups----I just saw someone else post searching for 3880 chips as well. You might want to add your name to the fray if someone else finds either a supplier or an alternate solution.

38** series is popular and I would think Jon Cone is working on an alternative with my chinese cousins... The chips on the 79/99** cartridges are fantastic (Cone used a chinese supplier) and a HUGE improvement over the stick and paste solution on the 9800 I converted.

Eden

I bought a set from Cone when they still had them. 3880 printers are so common one would think some photographers would have a set of empties they haven't thrown out. Have you searched online for photo clubs you might poll?

Lynn

Jeffg53

Lynn, i'm under control, thanks. A few generous people have helped out.

Don, I've been all over Ebay. I can get all the carts I want, but not chips. Buying carts on Ebay is a lottery. I would only buy from Inkjetmall. They stand by their product.