Site Sponsors

Thread: HP Z 3200 bought a used one help

Post Thanks / Like

HP Z 3200 bought a used one help

HP Z 3200 bought a used one help there was ink all over the place both sides of the print path and a lot of ink right meow the print path in a straight line about a foot and a half long. There was also ink in the head area along the walls that are white being the heads is this normal. Was told no it was not . Thoughts? thanks David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HP Z 3200 bought a used one help

PS I printed the head test and the gray in E G head had a lot of white lines in it seems different in each print out the side on the E line. there was a couple of broken pieces in two other heads but the prints are okay for now make sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: HP Z 3200 bought a used one help

I have a Z3100 for a while now. I replaced the print heads a couple of years ago and it still works very well. Print heads are quite cheap and user replaceable, especially compared to the Epsons. You may want to try replacing them. The cost of wasted ink and paper quickly justifies the cost.

Good news is that they are about $60 bucks a piece, bad news, you need 7 for a full set. You can try replacing the ones you are seeing issues on first. Almost as easy as putting in a new ink cartridge, but with the additional step of re-calibration.