The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo Web site Hosting Offerings

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I have seen Doug's experience with FotoLink, which look pretty good.
Just to be perversely thorough, what are folk's experiences with competitive e-commerce-enabled photographer-oriented vendors?
thanks
-bob

D

DougDolde

Since my name was mentioned, I have to say why do you want e-commerce? Most print sales will be thru a show or gallery and not online anyway.

I prefer to have them send an email for a custom quote. I think Buy Now buttons make a site look too commercial and kinda tacky. Paypal can still be used to invoice them.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
ok, point taken
but if that, what is the big win for you in choosing FotoLink?

back alley

can i add to this discussion with a few questions?

first, let me state that i do not see myself as an artist or as someone who envisions himself selling a ton of prints and becoming the next big thing.

what i do see and want for myself is a vanity website, a place other than flickr where i can send folks to look at my 'better'/edited stuff.

i have no desire/talent to create a website myself but am willing to pay for a pre-made site where i can just drop my photos into.
a nice looking, somewhat classy site would be nice.

does anyone have some suggestions for this?

many thanks.
joe

D

DougDolde

I think Foliolink is fairly reasonable and has a lot of nice templates/colors to choose from. They also include hosting, in fact you must use theirs.

Also very easy to manage from a browser. You can get a trial account and see for yourself.