The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 3880 & El Capitan Prints look flat

jpaulmoore

Hello All,
I recently upgraded my aging Mac Pro Desktop to a new iMac, and I moved up from Mountain Lion to El Capitan. I have always printed through Adobe Lightroom and my prints have always looked really nice and closely matched my screen. My first test prints using my go- to Epson Exhibition Fiber paper look a bit flat and the shadows may be a bit blocked up. I am using the updated Epson Driver for El Capitan. I looked over all of my print settings and I think I have everything set up like before, but I am not 100% sure about that. The only thing that I see that is suspect is the exclamation mark next to my printer in the dialog box. Some have mentioned deleting the printer and adding it back. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this would be helpful. A step by step for the printer settings would also be appreciated.
Kind Regards,
J. Paul

Good news! I simply deleted and re-added my printer and that resolved the issue.
J. Paul
Hi j. Paul

Yes, the procedure for updating the Epson 3880 driver on a Mac is to delete the printer (do this in preferences/printers and scanners), then go to the Epson site and download the correct driver. Finally, reinstall the printer in preferences/printers and scanners. It's not difficult, but I wouldn't describe it as intuitive.

Paul