The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cannon rebate $800 off iPF8400

Harry

I'm pretty sure it's because they're bringing out new models (long overdue).

Kirk
Expires 3/31, so maybe late April the new one will come out. At this pricing I think I will go with the older version. I'm sure the new one will be in the high 4000"s. That will buy a lot of ink.

That's really quite a deal! I have an older WF Canon and newer-generation Epson. The Epson resolves a bit better. But the 8400 is for making large prints, and at any normal viewing distance the difference in resolution should be invisible. I don't think there'll be any technological breakthrough in newer Canons, just incremental improvement. So my guess is only pixel-peepers with loupes will notice a difference in IQ between 8400 and whatever comes next.

Kirk

Egor

That's really quite a deal! I have an older WF Canon and newer-generation Epson. The Epson resolves a bit better. But the 8400 is for making large prints, and at any normal viewing distance the difference in resolution should be invisible. I don't think there'll be any technological breakthrough in newer Canons, just incremental improvement. So my guess is only pixel-peepers with loupes will notice a difference in IQ between 8400 and whatever comes next.

Kirk
I am in the process of picking new replacement for my aging Epson 11880. Am thinking of going with the older Canon IPF9400 as replacement. There is a corresponding deal for the 9400Canon.
Do any of you who have experienced both the older Epson(x-880) and the newer Canon(x-400) think I will notice any difference in IQ?
Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

e