The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EPSON 3800 DEAL

Professional

I am not sure about refurbished products because i never tested one, but if it is in great condition like NEW then it is worthy, i have this printer and i am happy with it 100%, the only problem with this printer that making me to buy another one later is that it prints up to 17" wide only, i want something like minimum 30-40" wide.

O

Oxide Blu

Epson Stylus Pro 3800 Printer - REFURBISHED Standard Model - We are sorry, but this item is SOLD OUT.

schweikert

While this thread was started a few months back, you can now buy a new 3800 for around $800 since Epson has a $300 rebate. Most resellers make money by charging shipping costs, but Epson drop ships these for free, so find a good retailer willing to give a close enough price to B&H's along with free shipping (B&H charges shipping). Unbelievable deal for such a great printer, and a printer that ships with about $450 worth of ink.

Don Libby

While this thread was started a few months back, you can now buy a new 3800 for around $800 since Epson has a $300 rebate. Most resellers make money by charging shipping costs, but Epson drop ships these for free, so find a good retailer willing to give a close enough price to B&H's along with free shipping (B&H charges shipping). Unbelievable deal for such a great printer, and a printer that ships with about $450 worth of ink.
I get most if not all my supplies from Inkjetart.com in Utah. I brought my 9800 from them and they had it dropped shiped directly from Epson saving the cost of shipping.

Don

woodyspedden

I am not sure about refurbished products because i never tested one, but if it is in great condition like NEW then it is worthy, i have this printer and i am happy with it 100%, the only problem with this printer that making me to buy another one later is that it prints up to 17" wide only, i want something like minimum 30-40" wide.
As you no doubt know the sizes you want to print force you to go all the way up to the 9880, a really big and expensive printer.

I still have my 7800 which I love and for the few times I want and need to go beyond 24" I go to a professional lab. The 9880 is just too big for my little studio and is unwieldy when making smaller prints (although you could additionally have a 3800 for those)

Woody