The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help! Borderless double-sided printing: ink marks on reverse side

epforever

Desperately seeking help. On my Epson 7890, I'm trying to print my portfolio, double sided, with many borderless images. I'm printing on 13x19 Moab Entrada Bright 190.

The problem I'm having is, I'm getting ink marks on the reverse side of the paper (which ultimately will be printed on). They're regular marks, about /18" apart, along the long dimension of the paper, most prominently along the right side (as you're facing the printer), where the print head is. It's pretty clear to me that the borderless printing is resulting in some ink overspill, and when the print head passes over the area of overspill, that momentary pressure presses the paper against that area, leaving a mark on the underside.

Has anyone encountered and solved this? My whole portfolio is planned and built around printing 13x19. I can't simply trim off the marked area. The final trim size will be 13x18, so I need to keep the 13" dimension intact.

thank you

ethan

paper_marks.JPG

epforever

Set the platen gap to WIDE. They are probably head strikes
I've already set the platen gap to "wider." And those marks, as mentioned, are on the underside of the paper. I don't see how head strikes could leave marks on the underside. Do you still think they're head strikes? Should I try the "widest" setting?