The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Color printing with MacOS Sierra

I recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra and noticed that after the upgrade, the color was off when printing on my Epson P7000. I confirmed that I had the latest software and was still using all the correct profiles (both for the computer monitor and for the paper) to no avail. Ultimately, to fix the issue I had to reset the printing system. To do this, go to System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, control click anywhere where the printers are listed and you should get the "Reset printing system..." option. You will then need to reinstall the printers. This worked and my printing is now back to "normal."

Sharing this in case it comes in helpful. It took me several days and many pages of paper to figure out what was wrong.

Bildifokus

I also had this problem. When I printed through Photoshop CC it worked fine, but when I used Lightroom CC the colors was washed out.
I could not understand why and then I saw this tip and now it works perfect.

Thank you for the tip Jacob! :thumbs:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Jacob,

That's good advice for every major system upgrade. Thanks for reminding us! :thumbup:

--Matt

Jacob,

That's good advice for every major system upgrade. Thanks for reminding us! :thumbup:

--Matt

Another tip, since resetting the printing system seems like a solution to lots of problems ...

If you use print setting presets, choose the option to save your presets for all printers, even if it's a preset that's specifically for a single printer. And even if you only have one printer.

If you save the preset for just one printer, and then have to reset the printing system, the preset will be gone. But not if it's saved for all printers. I got bitten by this many times before figuring out the solution.