Site Sponsors

Thread: Epson Printer Donation?

Post Thanks / Like

Epson Printer Donation?

I have decided to move from my Epson 4900 printer to the newer P800 model- so far so good. The 4900 I have used for the past many years I have found had worked well enough, but to have way too many requirements to constantly clean the print heads, and clear clogs. A quick check on Craig's list shows a number of them already for sale in my area. I thought to donate the printer, but cannot find a place that would take it yet. I would like to find a place that could at least give me a donation receipt.
    I note that on the Epson site there is an organization called the National Cristina Foundation that helps transfer working equipment to local charities. I have contacted them twice, but so far no responses- I think they cannot find a good home for a large printer.
    Any advice how to donate a printer in Southern California, in Orange County?
    I feel like the clock is ticking; the heads will dry out!!
    Thanks for your input.
    John

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Epson Printer Donation?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothjazz View Post
    I have decided to move from my Epson 4900 printer to the newer P800 model- so far so good. The 4900 I have used for the past many years I have found had worked well enough, but to have way too many requirements to constantly clean the print heads, and clear clogs. A quick check on Craig's list shows a number of them already for sale in my area. I thought to donate the printer, but cannot find a place that would take it yet. I would like to find a place that could at least give me a donation receipt.
    I note that on the Epson site there is an organization called the National Cristina Foundation that helps transfer working equipment to local charities. I have contacted them twice, but so far no responses- I think they cannot find a good home for a large printer.
    Any advice how to donate a printer in Southern California, in Orange County?
    I feel like the clock is ticking; the heads will dry out!!
    Thanks for your input.
    John
    Try local churches ... preferably ones with schools attached. They are always in need of AV materials if nothing else.

Many charities will view a LF printer as a liability ... due to ink cost and consumables.

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Epson Printer Donation?

Maybe check with Inkjetmall. They may be able to find a suitable user for your printer----someone who is looking for that model to convert to B&W Piezography

www.inkjetmall.com

ken