The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

driver and plugin os sierra 10.12.2

danlindberg

I have encountered a problem. I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.2 a while ago and my Photoshop CC 2015 worked nicely. No probs.

I had the yearly payment to do for Photoshop and at the same time I said I wanted to change my 'region' in my account from Sweden to Spain. This was necessary for me to pay with my company card in Spain. However, changing region/country with Adobe you need to first close the existing account and then reopen again, meaning I lost my driver and plugin for my Canon iPF 8400.
And now I am having trouble just to get it working!!

On Canons website they have a printerdriver for Sierra 10.12.2 that is called imagePrograf printer driver ver 4.50. If I dowload this and install it, it says that it is installed and no error message. But, I see no printer either in Photoshop or in settings [printers & scanners]. Its empty.

On top this is the only driver I can find, I cannot find a plugin!

Would appreciate some thoughts on this.....thanks...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Try opening Printers and Scanners .... add a printer and see if you can find the new driver.

Bob

danlindberg

Thanks Bob!

Well, after just about 5 hours in total trying to solve this - it now is up and running. Don't ask me why or how......:p

In the end the printdriver was found and accepted after a dozen re-installations and rebooting the laptop. Since there is no plug-in to be found made for this OS, I finally tried the old one I had and that worked.

Happy days! :clap:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Those situations are so frustrating ... I am sure that some are able to download and
put the new driver to work while some residual thread of code prevents others from using it.

Good to hear you are up and running.

Bob