The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Windows 10, printing on Epson

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I thought I'd give Qimage a shot, so downloaded the Win10 drivers for the Epson 3800. I haven't printed on Windows in probably 15 years, so I'm curious to see what's changed. But I'm not sure how to install the driver, or what I need? The driver installer seems to want the printer plugged in on USB, but the printer is on gigabit ethernet, and not particularly close to the computer. On OSX I'd just install the driver on my laptop or wherever I want to print from, then add the printer and print. But it seems Win10 needs some other glue pieces to even install the driver, or some utility? I notice there's some Epson network utility; is that what I need? I can't find any meaningful instructions for this. :banghead: