The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can you Recommend which settings to use for Large Prints

rollsman44

If I need a 20x30 or larger print can you recommend which option in LR to use when Exporting. I will send to a Custom lab for prints . I normally use Big Jpeg files. Is it better to export the image using a Tiff file to get the Best IQ when getting large prints? I know some labs don't accept Tiff files on the download. Any suggestions ? Thank you

kdphotography

Most of the consumer level photo labs will accept only JPEG and in the sRGB color space. This is fine for most *snapshots.*

Others will accept JPEG and TIFF (as well as a few other print digital formats such as pdf, etc.), high res files, 16 bit TIFF, and larger color space such as Adobe98. More information to print is available in these files. This is what I prefer to use.

ken