The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Triptych

scho

Just playing with a Leica M landscape image for printing as a triptych. Sized original to 25.5x11inches and printed borderless in ImagePrint Black to three 8.5 x11 inch sheets of the new, Hahnemuehle Photo Rag Metallic. The shimmering, metallic light gloss surface of this media works well with this image, but hard to capture with a simple iPhone snap. I put the prints into simple letter sized snap frames to see how they might work as a triptych. Lighting is from a window on the right. Direct halogen lighting would work better.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm a huge Hahnemühle fan, but I just don't get the new metallic. I *think* I used the right profile, but everything comes out with a DR of 3 stops - it looks like a tintype.

I'm sticking with Photo Rag Baryta....

Your prints look great, BTW.

Matt

Last edited: