The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ilford Washi Torinoko paper

bensonga

Hi all,

Has anyone here made inkjet prints on this or similar "Washi" type papers? I recently purchased a box of Ilford Prestige Washi Torinoko paper. I am trying to decide which type of images might look best on this paper. At $2.40 USD for an 8.5x11 inch sheet, I don't want to waste too many sheets experimenting with it.

Gary

Jeffg53

It’s hard to pick what will look good. I have used these papers a little. It’s nigh on impossible to pick winners.

bensonga

Hi Jeff. One concern I have with many matte papers is how well deep blacks will look, so I printed this image. Very happy with the results.

Gary

Mamiya 7II, 65mm, Ilford Delta 100, SilverEfex Pro

Jeffg53

Thanks Gary. Nothing to not like in that. I bought mine for B&W but it still works nicely on colour. Thanks for reminding me of it. I have another sample pack that I must explore.