The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Proof Printing from LR (P6000)

I'm trying to make small proofs prior to making finals from my Epson. I figured I could just make a custom print size of 4x24". Then I make a custom picture package containing the small proofs. However the output was bizarre. I placed 3 4x5s on the 4x24 spread, but only ONE was printed, and not even fully. It printed about an inch. I figured this may have been a fluke so I double checked everything and printed again, same result.

The only was I was able to produce all three proofs, was to set a print size of 10x12 (which was a preset size), and print that. Of course that's ridiculous because you're ALWAYS printing X by 24" with the P6000.

darr

Here is a quick tutorial: 5 Steps for Creating Your Own Lightroom Print Templates

I personally use IMAGEPRINT by Colorbyte for printing, but not long ago I taught Lightroom (LR) in a college classroom. As I remember, LR for custom print templates is not easy at first, as you have to setup LR to work with the printer and also with your custom template. I would look at the quick tutorial above and see if any of the steps have been missed.

Best of luck,
Darr