Site Sponsors

Thread: New Epson Printers

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New Epson Printers

Hi,

For thouse that have not moved into the Canon world, a couple of new printers from epson:

https://news.epson.com/news/surecolo...ormat-printers

The information is sparseto put it middly.

What I will really want is a. 24" reemplacement for the. p5000. (a printer that is great for. cut sheets but can't print the ocational. 24"). Something like a photo SureColor T3170

I know it probably does not make comertial sense (I don't have access to good photo labs like in the USA, so it makes to me). but one can dream.

Best regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Epson Printers

These look to be very nice printers. Separate sheet loading path. 12 inks. No more black ink swapping between MK and PK inks. Fast.

Iíll be replacing my SC P500 with one in December when they become available.

Rand

Post Thanks / Like

Man these are sure expensive. Not to mention you'd be taking a big chance not to buy an extended warranty. I'd pass these up for a Canon

Post Thanks / Like

The extended warranty for Epson has almost always shown to be just another useless insurance policy. I'm STILL running a 9900 and the only problems it ever had were long after the extended warranty was tiny in the rearview mirror. It's a bet that I made and lost. Oh ****ing well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt in my mind that Epson is making better printers---both in terms of print quality and reliability.

I just got back from a two week vacation. Just made a large print on my Epson P9000. Nozzle check clear---perfect.

Clogging issues of the past for Epson are not an issue on the last couple generations of printers, imho. I find the P9000 better than the 9900 (in terms of reliability) and I had hardly any issues with the 9900 that couldn't be resolved by a simple clean.

ken

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll wait until this dies to get another one. It does clog but it always cleans fine and it ****ing paid for itself in the very first week I owned it. Can't beat that.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I need a new printer that doesn’t clog. Love my HP 24 & 44in printers but time is up on support and so time to get something that is recent and current with driver support. I do love the fact that HPs create their own profiles, auto anti-clog and redo profiles though.

Now the other consideration is how to get rid of my current printers filling my dining room and garage?
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

The World is a book, and those that do not travel read only one page ...