Site Sponsors

Thread: I finally have a website

Post Thanks / Like

I finally have a website

Dear All,

I've got my website up and running.

http://www.bskumarphotography.com

I hope some of you will take a look and let me know what you think, particularly with regard to page loading times, text readability and overall design. A few teething problems with Firefox were resolved by using CSS properly.

Thanks,
    Kumar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I finally have a website

Quote Originally Posted by FromJapan View Post
    Dear All,

I've got my website up and running.

http://www.bskumarphotography.com

I hope some of you will take a look and let me know what you think, particularly with regard to page loading times, text readability and overall design. A few teething problems with Firefox were resolved by using CSS properly.

Thanks,
    Kumar
    Nice work! Pleasant and easy site to navigate through. My only nit and its a small one, would be to have more of the small thumbnail views per page rather than four. Well done though!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by routlaw View Post
    Nice work! Pleasant and easy site to navigate through. My only nit and its a small one, would be to have more of the small thumbnail views per page rather than four. Well done though!

Rob
    Thanks, Rob. I experimented with more thumbnails, but it was looking unbalanced. Also, I've found that if there's a particularly graphic image somewhere in the middle of the thumbnails, viewers will jump to that image, and not see the rest. I'm trying to figure out a way to dynamically resize the window based on the screen size, but haven't been able to figure it out yet. I used Kompozer and Porta/SimpleViewer to design the site.

Kumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think it works very well. Nice work! I found the navigation to be obvious and easy, text and layout managed to support the images rather than compete with them.

The only thing I noticed that surprised me, and this is simply a personal observation and not meant as criticism, is that under your category of "Personal" the images are still all buildings. Which may indeed be the best representation of your more personal work vs. commercial, but I think I was expecting those images to be different.

I wish you success!
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    I think it works very well. Nice work! I found the navigation to be obvious and easy, text and layout managed to support the images rather than compete with them.

The only thing I noticed that surprised me, and this is simply a personal observation and not meant as criticism, is that under your category of "Personal" the images are still all buildings. Which may indeed be the best representation of your more personal work vs. commercial, but I think I was expecting those images to be different.

I wish you success!
    Tim
    Thanks for the kind words, Tim. Almost all I photograph is the built environment and recently, some landscape. It's just that uncommissioned work goes into the "Personal" category.

Kumar