The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TLRs anyone?

bensonga

I hope you make it to Alaska for a visit someday Manuel. I'm not much of a wildlife photographer (and certainly not with a TLR), but there are some great opportunities and places in Alaska to see and photograph big brown bears in the wild (taking appropriate precautions of course). The McNeil River and Brooks Falls (Katmai National Park) are two that come to mind.

My own photos of Alaskan "wildlife" are usually less impressive than the big grizzlies, moose and other animals that most people want to see on a trip to Alaska. I think I need a 250mm lens for my Mamiya TLRs. ;-)

Gary

Last edited:

silver92b

I hope you make it to Alaska for a visit someday Manuel. I'm not much of a wildlife photographer (and certainly not with a TLR), but there are some great opportunities and places in Alaska to see and photograph big brown bears in the wild (taking appropriate precautions of course). The McNeil River and Brooks Falls (Katmai National Park) are two that come to mind.

My own photos of Alaskan "wildlife" are usually less impressive than the big grizzlies, moose and other animals that most people want to see on a trip to Alaska. I think I need a 250mm lens for my Mamiya TLRs. ;-)

Gary
I completely understand the need for a long lens (and a can of bear spray) for these endeavors :D. If I get a chance to visit Alaska, I'll be sure to bring my Olympus EM-1 and the long zoom as well as the other cameras. ;)

Here's my old C220f. Looks a bit worse for the wear ;) I've shot 2 rolls of Fujicolor 120 and have a fresh one in the camera. As soon as I shoot this third roll, I'll send them out to develop and scan. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised by the results

bensonga

A very well used and "well loved" example! The 65mm and 250mm are the only Mamiya TLR lenses that I don't have. Might have to rectify those glaring omissions. It is getting harder to find these lenses in really nice condition.

I recently purchased this beautiful C220f from a forum member (tnabbott). It is the third Mamiya in my small collection of TLRs. There's a roll of B&W film in it now which I need to finish off and get to the lab. Then perhaps I'll have another photo or two to post here.

silver92b

I'm totally jealous, my poor C220 f looks like death warmed over... I think it was probably in the bottom of some box full of junk from 30 years or more :( no amount of cleaning will fix it...

silver92b

I am very excited, I just scored a good buy on a WLF... $17 shipped on Ebay! it's also nicely worn to match my camera LOL! This will make it easier to see the images on the ground glass (I hope). My camera came without the hood or the WLF...

silver92b

My WLF showed up! it had a broken tab and I had to find a screw and washer to hold it in place, but It's on there and it's great! Much easier now to see the focusing screen and the subject.

Also, I took my first 3 rolls of film that I shot with it to get developed and printed. I'm very interested to see how they turn out.

Last edited:

Paratom

Hi there,
I own a Rolleiflex with f.28 TLR but have problems to focus it/ find it quite dark viewfinder. Do you guys are fine with focusing this camera?

arri

I´am using the Yashica Mat 124G
A fine cameram with a good lens, for a moderate price and with a CDS build in light meter.
A sample shot I made yesterday with a Rollei Superpan 200 @Iso 100, slight yellow filter, Wehner developer
Monastery of Wienhausen, Lower Saxony, Germany, build in the 13th century

jdphoto

Yeah to TLR's! I just picked up a Mamiya C220 with three lenses, Porro finder, original cases and metal lens hood and in incredibly beautiful cond. for just under $300. Waiting for a roll of Portra, so hopefully the film flatness is good. I read that sometimes the back doors warp.

arri

I´ave got a Mamiya C330 Prof. S with a 2.8/80mm and a 135mm with bad glass.
Herein I placed a Leitz Wetzlar Hektor 4.5/135mm:

Than I bought a 105mm directly in Japan and here I mounted Voigtlander lenses, finder lens is a Helomar 3.5/105mm and the taking lens is a Heliar 3.5/105mm:

arri

The first film is exposed but I used only the 135mm Hektor lens yesterday, the other lens panel I finished today. It is a lot of work to realise it, when it´s ready nothing of it is visible.

The quality of the Hektor makes me surprising, an excellent lens and now it works perfect with the Mamiya and in 6x6cm size.

I used a Kodak Tmax 400 and the Wehner Developer, an excellent combination and also I´am glad and greatful that the Tmax films are still available.

Please follow the link to find all 12 frames of the film: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cinegon/albums/72157714366662036

Last edited: