The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

Another attempt to keep busy under house confinement. Some more houseplant shots, this time using the Canon EOS R with RF 24-105, tripod mounted with Arsenal remote attached. These are 5 shot automated focus stacks using manual aperture control set for f/4 or 4.5, ISO 125. Output is still only 6 MP jpegs from the stacks but I've been batching the jpeg stacks through Topaz Gigapixel AI set to output 2x (24 MP) 16 bit Tiff files which are then exported to LR for final processing and upload to Flickr. Click for full size.
One more with the same setup in the kitchen.

Onions

scho

Hacquetia epipactis. An unusual little plant with bright chartreuse color blossoms. My wife got it last year at a plant exchange and this is the first spring that we have seen it in blossom.

Canon EOS R with the RF 24-105 OOC focus stack (5 shots) using Arsenal Remote

Last edited:

pegelli

^^ Carl, I like the "seasonal contrast" between the fresh greens and yellows of the hacquetia epipactis and the dull brown fall leaves from last year.

jdphoto

I don't usually post flower pics, but I did this shot with the RP and RF 50mm 1.2 @f/1.2. Not for its technical merits, but more for the character of this sensor. There is a definite grainy, film-like structure to the image when slightly under exposed. Web images don't show this, but it's really pleasing and since I primarily shoot film, prefect for my style! As a comparison, I included a pic taken with the Canon F1 and 50mm 1.4 @f1.4

Last edited:

scho

It really felt like fall today with a high of 60 degrees and north breeze keeping the chill going. We took a walk up the hill to the Ithaca College campus to take some photos that might capture the autumn feeling. Here are three taken with the Canon EOS R FS and RF 35/1.8 Macro lens. First two with a Kolari IRChrome filter to produce an IR image. I adjusted the hue of the vegetation in LR using the Hue slider to get a yellow/orange color that looked a bit like fall. The third image is with a CC filter for normal visible lighting. The college is of course still shut down (since March) and they hope to re-open in October. Graduation ceremony was cancelled and it is very quiet around here now without the students.

Last edited:

scho

B&W version of an IR false color image posted earlier, Ithaca College chapel. Canon EOS R (FS) Kolari IRChrome filter on RF 35/1.8

jdphoto

I tried the RP with the FD 85mm 1.2 L. I've never had a lens with so much character and beautiful color. Fully mechanical and amazing build quality. I'm talking about the lens...

jdphoto

I think the RF 50mm 1.2L is becoming one of my all time favorite lenses! The AF is incredibly fast and the 50mm FL seems to be, so far, more useful than the RF 85mm. However, I want that lens too! This was taken with the Canon RP.

Last edited: