The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

drunkenspyder

Post-Maria dock reconstruction at the Keeping' It Real beachside restaurant. Toucari, St. John's Parish, Dominica.

P0000781-FrameShop.jpg

Cambo 1600 | Rodie 23 | IQ4.150 | f/11 | 2m | ISO 50

Last edited:

dchew

Spent some time in April with John Ngai and a few other derelicts in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Great time once we found a reliable coffee source to get us going. This was Day One, on the way to The Sinks. Sk60xl w/ a bit of back rise.
15 sec @ f/12

Dave

Last edited:

Kinya28

Asia Trip May 2019 #3

I had a chance to visit Chiang Man Thailand. It was unusually hot, Weather channel reported 109F (42C) actual and feels like 117F(47C), and couldn't get out in the day time.
But I had a good early morning and night time strolling in and out of old town.

This is taken at Wat Phantao at 10pm.

Kinya

Phase One IQ3100, WRS1600, HR40mm

Attachments

jng

Spent some time in April with John Ngai and a few other derelicts in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Great time once we found a reliable coffee source to get us going. This was Day One, on the way to The Sinks. Sk60xl w/ a bit of back rise.
15 sec @ f/12

Dave
Allow me to assure everyone that over a week of shooting with Dave, I saw nothing like the image he just posted. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

dchew

Day One's last stop was The Sinks. Many in our group got great images of the falls with beautiful golden light on the trees in the distance. As is so often the case with me, when there is a group together concentrating on a scene I can't make anything work. I went across the bridge and down to the water, upstream of the falls. Sk60xl with tilt, STC, IQ3100.
1/3 sec f/11

Dave

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . . . . As is so often the case with me, when there is a group together concentrating on a scene I can't make anything work. I went across the bridge and down to . . . . .

Dave

That sounds so very familiar to me . And the group setting up their tripods almost all at the same place , they return home all with almost the same image in the basket .
That is one reason , why I do not participate in workshops any more .

dchew

That sounds so very familiar to me . And the group setting up their tripods almost all at the same place , they return home all with almost the same image in the basket .
Yes, I agree.

There are three reasons I still occasionally go on workshops:
  1. The opportunity to get together with friends.
  2. Local knowledge of an area I am not familiar with.
  3. The leader(s) offer specific learning of interest.

This workshop ticked all three boxes. Time spent with friends and Charlie Cramer were the real attractions. I guess I've never considered getting great images to be the goal or expectation of a workshop. I certainly think that is how some are marketed, which for me is a sign to steer clear.

Dave

PSon

I had to travel quickly to care for my ill father so all I had was one camera, one lens and a digital back. After my father passed away I went out at night to take a photo so I can experience his lonely travel. The photo was shot with the TC and a 50mm lens at F8, tilted and 25 seconds long exposure embracing to a rail.

pesto

I I went out at night to take a photo so I can experience his lonely travel.

Please accept my condolences; I am saddened by your loss.
That said, this looks like boat house row in Philadelphia...well seen and very well shot.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
T
... As is so often the case with me, when there is a group together concentrating on a scene I can't make anything work. I went across the bridge and down to the water, upstream of the falls.

Dave
I’ve shot several times with Dave and other folks here on the forum and can completely relate as me being arguably the most anti-social workshop shooter and line o’ tripods participant. :p Dave will veer off left, I’ll veer off right and the next thing I’ll see is a spec somewhere up an impossibly steep hill off in the distance - that’s normally Dave :thumbup:

Ditto. Social and/or opportunity to discover a new location (or gain access to otherwise unavailable locations) are the only reasons I’ll attend a workshop or tour. With a location based tour I’ll often return afterwards to the locations and shoot solo.

Time spent with friends and Charlie Cramer were the real attractions.
I would love to shoot with Charlie. If you haven't attended his printing workshop I can HIGHLY recommend it!

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Time to break out the IQ3100 & Cambo Actus DB2, Rodie 40HR 2s @ f/11 ISO 100. Kind of wasted here in a 2k jpg but I forget just how much detail my tech camera produces and the joy of shooting it.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Very nice Graham . But for a better appearance of that beauty , you could have pumped up the tyres .:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Very nice Graham . But for a better appearance of that beauty , you could have pumped up the tyres .:ROTFL:
I would have done but it looks like they drove that into the barn and locked the doors back in 1979/1980 based on the registration plate :eek:

Btw, why do we shoot 100MP+ sensors with technical camera lenses? Here's why:

vjbelle

Time to break out the IQ3100 & Cambo Actus DB2, Rodie 40HR 2s @ f/11 ISO 100. Kind of wasted here in a 2k jpg but I forget just how much detail my tech camera produces and the joy of shooting it.
You mean the 'Mighty 3100:thumbup:' that works as intended......

Cheers.....

Victor

Kinya28

Asia Trip May 2019 #5

Wat Umong, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Umong=Tunnel in English
Small but one of my favorite temple (=photogenic).

Kinya

IQ3100/ WRS1600/ HR40

Attachments