The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen - is that back pack accepted by airlines as cabin baggage?

LouisB
Yes, it's only 30 x 18 x 47 cm, and even goes into the overhead bin of the ATR 72. The larger version (ProTactic BP 450 AW II, 36 x 22 x 52 cm) is well within the limits of most airlines and goes into the overhead bin of an A320. The top lid of both bags is hard, has a zip pocket for keys and other stuff I take out of my pocket before the security control, and protects whatever is in there very well.

Knorp

Once again, thanks Guys for the kind comments and suggestions.
I can talk the back legs off a donkey but find writing hard work but...
Yes the 12-60 pl is on my radar along with the 12-40 Zuiko (it's very cheap now) no rush at the moment.
I feel the notes for the pics are sufficient (for me). I do like to note equipment but the pics should stand on their own merits (mostly).
Your back story for the Taj pic is so romantic, the reality is much simpler and boring but it was a lovely start to the day which will always stay with me.
Oh and btw Louis i have a GFX50s and 32-64 lens arriving today! Just couldn't resist anymore (the m4/3 is not going anywhere, horses for courses as we all agree).
Just a few more pics left to post and a few random ones for the future.
All the best
Congrats, Alan. You'll find the GFX50s and 32-64, although rather bulky compared to your usual kit, an excellent combo for walking around with wonderful IQ.
Already looking forward to your woodland & river 'snaps' ... :)

AlanS

Having spent years shooting 4x5 as well as various med format cameras I am thinking that it is going to be quite a reasonably light setup for the quality benefits. How that translates into "keepers" remains to be seen but I expect I will just be drawn to the same motifs as ever :ROTFL:

biglouis

Oh and btw Louis i have a GFX50s and 32-64 lens arriving today! Just couldn't resist anymore (the m4/3 is not going anywhere, horses for courses as we all agree).
Just a few more pics left to post and a few random ones for the future.
All the best
Congrats. That lens alone is amazing - I mean it when I say it is equal in quality to the Lumix 12-35, in that like the 12-35 you won't believe it is not a prime in its entire zoom range.

I also bet you'll keep both systems. They have specific uses for different purposes.

Enjoy!

Louis

AlanS

Lumix GX80, Lumix 12-60mm f2.8-3.5 SWD
Jalinawaila memorial, Amritsar.

A few details around the same area of the town

Btw it (50s) has arrived and I am charging the battery now but it will be dark when it has done :(

k-hawinkler

We got another dustin of snow last night and are still in the clouds @ 6500 feet elevation. I believe they call that fog in your neck of the woods. :grin:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes I have to ask why on earth I didn't buy this lens before. "This lens" today is the PL 45mm f/2.8 Macro. I've taken one photo with it so far, in the shop, of the owner. I didn't need more. This lens wil see a lot of use!

GX8 wit PL 45mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/3.2 and ISO 3200

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And here's a brick wall test. The bricks were on the outside, so please use your imagination).

GX8 with PL 45mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Taxi is coming.

GX8 with Panasonic 100-300mm II @ 300mm and f/8

All these photos are taken at or around Wat Khun Samut Chin. Google it, look at the photos and read the fascinating story. It's well worth a visit. It also shows what can happen once humans start disturbing nature.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's the old main temple building. Originally, the temple was in the village, several hundred metres from the sea. Then, as the errosion took the village and the whole coastline, it was surrounded by the sea. Now, the temple is protected by concrete barriers and bridges. They are re-planting mangrove forest, but it may be too late. The sea is still sucking out mud from underneath, even several hundred metres inland.

GM5 with Zuiko 12mm f/2 @ f/2.8

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This is a very special lens. For portraits, it's really only usable at f/2.8. Too much contrast at smaller apertures. For most other photography, it excels at f/4-5.6. It's also tiny and little more than 200g, and for some reason, it doesn't expand at micro distances. How did they do that?

GX8 with PL 45mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just fooling around, trying to figure out how this lens behaves under different circumstances.

GX8 with PL 45mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/2.8

GX8 with PL 45mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/2.8